- HOOF Mobile Farm is by reservation on a first come, first-served basis.
- Please book early, we book 1 – 2 months in advance. You must book a minimum of 3 weeks ahead.
- HOOF Mobile Farm accepts reservation requests up to 6 months in advance.
- Advance donations are requested during time of booking.
- A mileage donation is requested for presentations more than 25 miles outside Bolivia, NC. You can collaborate with teachers at your school or with teachers at nearby facilities to split on the mileage fees. Please contact us to find out when we will be in your area!
- Please note the minimum age requirement for programs is 3 years old.
HOOF Mobile Farm offers programming to groups of all sizes and ages including schools, camps, churches and more! All programs can be schedule Monday – Friday and include 2-3 live animals for indoor presentations and 3-5 for outdoor presentations.
Animal assortment may include: A goat, chicken, duck, pony, and/or a rabbit.
- Duration: Programs usually last 45 – 60 minutes, depending on presentation type. More time can be requested at an additional donation.
- Availability: Programs are first come, first serve basis. We suggest early scheduling.
- Group Size: Classroom sized audiences with up to 26 people for Pre-K-1st grade, 35 people for 2nd grade and above, and assembly audiences up to 150 people.
- Reservations: Reservations are made through the HOOF Mobile Farm Coordinator and are subject to availability. Please call 910.253.7934 for more information.
- Topics: Most program topics meet essential standards for North Carolina including topics in Science, Social Studies, and Health Education. Program topics are selected by the HOOF Mobile Farm Coordinator each travel year.
HOOF MOBILE FARM PRESENTATIONS
We have been teaching for many years and our programs are tailored to the educational needs of school groups to ensure the highest level of learning is achieved.
- Schools & Camps [Programs]
HOOF Mobile Farm features a 45-60 minute interactive lesson for classroom sized audiences with up to 26 people for Pre-K-1st grade, and 35 people for 2nd grade and above. Suggested Donation: $200 per presentation, $125 additional consecutive hour per presentation. A maximum of three (3) 1-hour presentations can be offered per visit to one location.
- Assembly Programs [Programs]
HOOF Mobile Farm features an interactive 60-minute presentation for up 150 people. Please note the minimum grade for assemblies is 4th grade. Suggested Donation: $275 1st hour, $150 additional consecutive hour. A maximum of 1 assembly can be offered per visit.
- Special Needs
HOOF Mobile Farm offers a 35-45 minute Special Needs Program for individuals who are mentally, emotionally, or physically challenged, or have a learning or speech disability. The presentations are a taught with a sensory-motor approach allowing for petting and interaction with animals with a maximum of 20 people. Suggested Donation: $180 per presentation, $90 additional consecutive ½ hour per presentation. A maximum of three (3) 45 minute presentations can be offered per visit to one location.
- Hospitals & Libraries [Programs]
The HOOF Mobile Farm program includes a 60-minute assembly-style presentation for audiences of all sizes. Suggested Donation: $275 1st hour, $150 additional consecutive hour. A maximum of three (3) 1-hour presentations can be offered per visit to one location.
- Businesses, Fairs, & Festivals
HOOF Mobile Farm features an engaging tabletop program where guests are encouraged to explore the environment through live animals and exhibits. Suggested Donations: $200 per hour. Maximum of 3 hours per event. If you are fundraising for HOOF, we come at no charge!
- Custom Programs
We are happy to work with you! Please contact us directly and let us know your needs so we can build a presentation for you.
RESERVE HOOF MOBILE FARM
HOOF Mobile Farm will deliver exciting educational programs directly to you! The Mobile Farm program is for locations within a 40 mi radius of Bolivia, NC. Our instructor will engage your students by providing up-close animal experiences with a select group of farm animals. HOOF strives to inspire students about the wonders of our earth and the animals with whom we share it. Use a HOOF Mobile Farm program to introduce, reinforce, or culminate your classroom curriculum. Choose from one of our exciting program topics!